Sunday, January 08, 2006

Try again and again

I wiped out my Linux partition again because of the Linspire dcopserver problem. It actually wasn't that bad but I wanted to try Mandriva (didn't like it). I also wanted to carve out a 5 gig partition to load OSes that I wanted to experiment with. I currently have Linspire beta on that partition. I had to reload 5-0 several times because once sound didn't work and other time-- I just don't remember, I have loaded Linux too many times. I loaded a bunch of programs through CNR and had multiple dcopserver crashes. I uninstalled all of the programs, accept for OpenOffice 2.0 and then disabled CNR and the update client. I have had no dcopserver problems for the last two days. I cannot help but think CNR or one of the problems is causing the crashes. I will use the computer for several days and if it is still error free I will enable CNR and see if I have problems. I am also having problems with Linspire Internet suite, it crashes when I try to log onto blogger.com. No fear, I installed Firefox. I have Win4Lin, Photoshop, Dreamweaver MX, and some games loaded. I had a pleasant surprise, I was able to get The Sims for Linux installed and working. I am amazed because it did not work in Mandriva 2006 and it does in Linspire. I bought the game several years ago and have not played it. I can now.

No comments: