Thursday, March 08, 2007

Mint Linux

Since having problems with PCLinuxOS and Suse I thought I would try Mint Linux. I know there is a lot of disagreement on non-free software, but I think if Linux is going to be competitive it needs to be competitive with Windows,in other words it needs to play DVD, MP3s, Apple and WMF our of the box without setting up repositories. Anyway Mint is suppose to do that. I took a chance and installed it to hard drive even though my wireless card would not work with it. After installation I tried to load Windows wireless drivers, which worked well in PCLinuxOS but not in Mint. However, my DLink car worked just fine and the fan on my laptop hardley runs at all. The nice thing about Mint is because it is base in Ubuntu there is tons of support available form the forums.

No comments: