Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Linspire again

I got tired of Linspire a while ago, I had it installed on three computers and it crashed on all three. I went back to Windows for a while on my main computer and since my wife is using my main computer now I will end up staying with Windows until virtualization software gets closer to native speed. Of course I have problems with Windows software, I have a wireless music server and I installed Panda Titanium and it killed the connection, Panda hasn't been able to configure their software to work with the plug and play server so I am going to uninstall Panda and try another firewall. The problem with Windows software is both of those items are expensive and I just wasted money. At least in Linux for the most part the software is free.
I have two laptops that I am trying to load Linux on. The first is a Sony PCG-V505DC2. This works well with all versions of Linux, my other laptop is a HP ZE1250, there are some weird issue with this laptop, I cannot get most versions of Linux to work on it.
I use the Sony for travel and I don't want to connect to unsecure wifi networks when I am using Windows. I have been able to load everything that I want on it, but I have not been able to get my G wifi cards to work, and that is a deal breaker. I thought my wifi cards were working in Suse 10 but I cannot get them working in 10.1. I had Kubuntu loaded but its wifi manager was terrible, I couldn't connect to half of the wifi hotspots when I was traveling. I also could not access my home network via samba or smb4k. Other than that it is a great distro. I was about to give up when I decided to load Linspire again. The last time I loaded it CNR would not work. Not this time everything is working and it is n ice to be able to install of the great CNR programs again.

No comments: